For as long as I can remember my mom, and or someone in our family, has been bringing Oreo Torte dessert to every family gather. Whether it’s holidays, birthdays, or whatever other reason we’re using to get together, there was always and Oreo Torte on the dessert table, and it’s the most amazing dessert ever.
And it’s pretty simple to make – it doesn’t require any baking whatsoever. As long as you’ve got a fridge, you should be good.
Oh, and if you’re like me, and don’t think that you like cream cheese, you will probably still love this dessert. This is actually the 2nd recipe I’ve written about in the last couple months that includes cream cheese, which I swore I didn’t like, and yet I love everything about these recipes.
So don’t hold yourself back just because of one ingredient, it’s definitely worth a try.
How to Make Oreo Torte
What You Will Need
- 9 x 13 casserole pan
- Space for said pan in your refrigerator
- Blender (or a food processor, just something that can grind up Oreos)
- A Decent Size Mixing Bowl
- A Hand Mixer (or something you can use to mix ingredients)
- 1 (15 oz.) Package of Oreo Cookies
- 1 Cup Margarine
- 8 oz. Cream Cheese
- 1 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 12 oz. Cool Whip
- 1 Large Package of Vanilla Instant Pudding
- 2-1/3 Cup of Milk
- Grind the Oreo Cookies in the Blender and set aside 1 Cup of the blended Oreos.
- Put the remainder of the ground up Oreos into the 9 x 13 pan to form the bottom layer.
- Melt margarine and pour over the top of the ground Oreos in the pan.
- Place 9 x 13 pan into the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- In the mixing bowl – beat the cream cheese, powdered sugar and 1/2 of the Cool Whip until smooth.
- Pour this mixture over the Oreo crust, and spread evenly across the surface (this is a layered dessert).
- Mix the instant pudding and milk together and pour over the cream cheese mixture, again, evenly over the surface.
- Top the remaining layer with Cool Whip.
- Sprinkle the Oreo crumbs you set aside in step one, over the top of the dessert.
- Throw it in the fridge and chill it for a bit.
And that’s it! No baking, no heavy lifting, no cooking, nothing. You can melt the butter however you want, but throwing it in the microwave will just mean you never have to turn the stove/oven on at all, and you’ll have an incredibly delicious dessert that everyone in your family will love.
I can honestly say that as of this post originally publishing, I have never made oreo torte by myself. My mom has been making it for our family for years and as of the last 5-10 years or so, my cousin has been the one providing the family with this deliciousness. So while the recipe seems easy in theory, I could be totally off on that, but I don’t think it’s very difficult.
And as I’ve mentioned before, and in other recipes, I don’t like cream cheese, but for some reason, in this recipe, I don’t mind it at all. I’m guessing it’s because it’s mixed in with other ingredients and blended into a delicious paste concoction, which is then layered with other delicious, sugar-filled, goodies. So I would assume if you’re not a fan of cream cheese, you will still like this. And if you’re making it for someone that you know doesn’t like cream cheese, just don’t tell them what’s in it… that’s what my family did to me for years.
I don’t really know what else to say about Oreo Torte and this recipe other than it’s pretty easy, doesn’t require any baking, it’s delicious, and I assure you your family will love it.
I am happy I found this recipe. I never got it from my mom n she passed in 2018. I used to buy all the stuff for her to make it and this is the EXACT recipe! My #1 son will thank you too. I am making it for him as it is his FAVORITE!!
I’m so glad you found the recipe!! Every time we make it, it brings me back to my childhood and all those memories of family parties growing up, so I’m glad your son will now get to grow up knowing the delicious taste of this oreo torte.